If you’ve had enough of the balmy weather in Sydney during winter and long for real snow, you can easily visit the Snowy Mountains and relish the view of Australia’s five highest peaks. There are a lot of snow activities you can do in the Snowy Mountains, like in Jindabyne for instance. However, don’t forget to bring snow goggles to make sure that your eyes are protected from the glare and debris.
What are the snow activities you can try out in the Snowy Mountains?
Depending on your age and preference, there are lots of snow activities you can try. It would be ideal if you go in groups so having fun in the snow can be impromptu. Before you go on a trip to the Snowy Mountains, make sure you and your friends or family buy snow goggles to protect your eyes.
- Go Tubing – Who said beach toys are only used on the sand? You can use inner tubes and race down the Snowy Mountains. To make sure that have clear visibility while you go tubing, always wear protective snow goggles. If it is a very bright and sunny day, you can opt for a polarised or dark lens.
- Have a Snowball Fight – Nothing can beat this classic snow activity. If you have no snow paraphernalia around, simply making a ball of snow with your hands and start throwing at each other. Wearing quality Sydney snow goggles in a snow fight help protect your eyes from potential debris. You can divide your group into teams for a more competitive play. Click here Balmoral Boards
- Go Sledging or Tobogganing – Winter will not be complete if you haven’t tried sledging. You can choose from various sledge types depending on your size. When you manoeuvre the sledge, make sure your feet go first to prevent hurting your head. When you want to slow down, you just have to lean on the back of the sledge. You can easily hire sledges without going to resorts.
- Try Snowboarding – If you are more adventurous, you can try out snowboarding. You can find standard snowboards for rent on areas intended for snowboarding. Make sure you wear proper gear when you go on snowboarding. You should wear your helmet and boots properly. Wearing snow goggles Sydney shops sell is also advised to reduce glare and protect your eyes.
- Skiing – If you want to try Skiing, you can travel from Sydney to Victoria to find hundreds of ski-runs across ten great alpine locations. If you do not have your own ski boots, there are places where you can rent your boots. Just ask the attendant to help you pick out which boot is right for your size. If you have never tried skiing before, choose easy trails rather than complicated ones.
The above are just a few activities you can try during winter. If you have little ones with you, make sure to tailor your activities to fit their age. Instead of trying complicated sports, you can simply make a snowman to keep them happy. Don’t forget to select the right snow goggles for them as well. See more at http://www.balmoralboards.com.au/snowaccessories/1/goggles.html